Chonlathara Singhe Temple Located at Ban Tha Phru, Village No. 3, Jehe Subdistrict, Tak Bai District, Narathiwat Province, is a temple under the Maha Nikaya Sangha. The temple is located on a sand dune between the Tak Bai River and Bang Noi swamp. Originally, the area where the temple was located was a forest of cats and forests from There is a public road that cuts through the temple.
Territory of Wat Chonlathara Singhe
North, next to the Tak Bai River
East, next to Wat Chonlathara Singhe School
The south is adjacent to the rice fields of the people.
West next to the Provincial Waterworks Authority, Tak Bai District
Height above mean sea level10 meters
Tak Bai River
Most of the area of Tak Bai District is flat area. Some are characterized by peatlands that are flooded throughout the year. Wat Chonlathara Singhe is located on a sand dune between the Tak Bai River and Bang Noi swamp. Originally, it was a forest of Chong Cat and a forest from The Tak Bai River flows through the north. The Tak Bai River runs parallel to the coastline. There is a sandbar about 100–200 meters wide between the river and the sea. which is caused by changes in sea level the flow of the tides action of wind causing sandbars blocking the original river exit Born in the Tak Bai River Lagoon Therefore, the Tak Bai River flows out to the Ban Taba area. The same place as the Bang Nara River and the Kolok River. Sala Mai and Jae Hee sub-district area
Archaeological Erahistorical era
Types of archaeological sitesreligious place
Chonlathara Singhe Temple (Wat Phithak Din Thai) is a third-class royal monastery. It is located at Ban Tha Phru, Village No. 3, Jehe Subdistrict, Tak Bai District, Narathiwat Province, under the Maha Nikaya Sangha. The temple is located on a sand dune between the Tak Bai River and Bang Noi swamp. Built around the year 1860 by Phra Kru Opas Phutthakhun (Put) asked for land from Phraya Dechanuchit, appointed by Bangkok to rule the Kelantan state. It was originally called Wat Tha Phru or Wat Chehe after the village name. Later, the name was changed to Wat Chon Thara Singhe in 1909 by Khun Saman That Wisit (changed Kanchanarat), the district chief of Tak Bai. “Wat Chon Thara Singhe” which means that it is a temple by the water that was built by monks with merit like a lion. (Phra Kru Opas Buddhakhun)
In the year 1873, Ajarn Phut built an ubosot by giving Phra Chai Wat Ko Klang as a builder and painting the image in the ubosot, Phra Thammawinai (Jui) and Thidmi. Kuti built the principal Buddha image in the ubosot and the glass wall surrounding the ubosot. When it was completed, he asked for a royal grant Wisung Kham Sima in 1883, during the later period of Wat Chon Thara Singhe. Has been restored, renovated, repaired and more buildings such as viharn, cubicle, pavilion, pond, bell tower, Trai Tower, Sala Tha Nam.
The importance of Wat Chonlathara Singh In addition to having beautiful local arts During the reign of King Chulalongkorn with the British demarcation England has demarcated the boundary into the house of Plak Lek 25 kilometers from Wat Chontha Rasinghe, King Chulalongkorn therefore argued. By reasoning that Wat Chonlathara Singha is an important Thai temple. is a Buddhist heritage The British accepted and postponed the demarcation of the boundary, retreating south to the Kolok River. make Tak Bai District Amphoe Waeng and Amphoe Su-ngai Kolok are under Thai rule until now. Chonlathara Singha Temple is therefore called. "Wat Phithak Din Thai"
In addition, Wat Chon Thara Singhe is a field of Dharma examination of Tak Bai District. When the exam is due, there will be a tradition of "Make merit and feed monks for exams" and is considered as the spiritual center of Buddhists both in Thailand and Malaysia. From evidence, it was found that the royal visits of the Thai kings came to Wat Chonlathara Singhe several times, including His Majesty King Mongkut. traveled on the Cholamak road to Tak Bai District on June 8, 1915 and His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej and Queen Sirikit Her Majesty the Queen Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn went to Wat Chonlathara Singhe on August 31, 1975 and on September 6, 1976, etc.
Ancient sites and important antiquities within Wat Chonlathara Singhe include:
1.Ubosot It is located about the middle of the temple. Facing the Nam Bai River in the northwest It was built in 1873 to replace the old water church in the middle of the river. The Ubosot is characterized by the architecture of the royal style during the reign of King Rama III. The roof is stacked in front and behind the ubosot. There is a canopy eaves descending 3 floors with a square column. There was no lotus headed to support the upper eaves. Pretty items include blue bouquets, pretty bodies, rooster leaves, and swan tails, which are decorated in the early Rattanakosin period. The images in the Ubosot are decorated with murals depicting Tribhum, Thep Chum, and various parts of the Buddha's history. In addition, the sculptures reflect the way of life of people in Tak Bai community, such as pictures of Chinese people carrying goods, pictures of various types of houseboats, pictures of goats, which are animals that feed in the community, etc. There is a principal Buddha image in the temple.
The villagers call Luang Por Yai. The exterior of the Ubosot consists of sema leaves and parapet arches. Glass walls and glass facades
2.Jedi It is a bell-shaped brick and cement chedi on a square base measuring 4.55 meters in length, 5.50 meters in length, with a high base with a courtyard surrounding the chedi. There is a barrier with a border pattern. It is assumed that it was built during the era of Kru Chan as the abbot. (Occupying temples during the year 1913-1919), but the construction was not completed. Then came to build again in 1941. The appearance of the pagoda is high bell shape. Next up is a throne, a tiered pole, without pillars, then why is the slats sloping into the shape of a cone to the top and the crystal ball?
3. Reclining Buddha Temple located in front of the pagoda It is a vihara covering a reclining Buddha image with a width of 5.90 meters and a length of 9.90 meters. It was built by Phra Kru Sittisara Viharn in 1941. Inside the viharn there is a reclining Buddha image enshrined at the end of the hall and adjacent to the base of the chedi as a building. There are walls on all four sides. There is a door to the west. (It is assumed that the hall building is probably an addition in the later period) Reclining Buddha image is a stucco Buddha image. His face is lacquered and gilded with gold. He decorates the mirror The base and the wall are decorated with wares. The Buddha image is 7.40 meters long, 2 meters wide, with the inscription “Phra Kru Sittisarn Vihara....1941 M...Rattana Prikhawat”
4.Vishnu Hall It is a masonry building, size 5.45 meters, 6.30 meters long, with a porch 3.40 meters wide, 4.06 meters long, with one window on each side. The east front has 3 doors, a 4-storey mondop roof with a spire, tiled Ko Yo. The top of the roof is cast with cement. In front of the stairwell there is an inscription "Restoration B.E. 2499". There are 2 porch ceilings decorated with patterns depicting stars. Inside the mandop there are images of Lord Vishnu with 4 arms, on the base of Chukchi are 3 Buddha images in the attitude of subduing Mara. The ceiling inside the president is decorated with star patterns. The background is decorated with images of butterflies, swans, bouquets of flowers and scattered little stars. background is white fall flower pattern decoration The second neck is a bushy pattern. Decorative beams with crab stick pattern The exterior is decorated with colored writings and decorated with glass. The Fine Arts Department has renovated the roof and structure of Phra Narai's Hall in 1998.
5. cubicle Chonlathara Singhamee Temple, a large number of monks a cubicle built of wood There are 4 important cubicles which are:
5.1 Abbot's cubicle Some say it was built by Phra Khru Narakhet Sangkhakit, occupying the temple around 1908-1912 (Department of Fine Arts, 2002:page number not listed), some say it was built by Phra Khru Phinit Samanakan, who ruled the temple around 1920-1932 (Wor. Ranika Na Songkhla 1994 :20-21) looks like the abbot of Wat Chattansaman. Created by Phrakhru Phinit Samanakan This cloister was renovated in 1960 by Phrakhru Phiphatkanyu and again in the reign of Phrakhru Phatchantakhet Khanarak, the current abbot.
The architectural style is a large 2-storey wooden cubicle in the form of a gingerbread house, raised on a high platform, with a rectangular plan, 19 meters wide, 20.8 meters long, positioned in the north-south line. The building faces east. There are 4 rooms on the ground floor with a large hall connecting the rooms. The inner hall used to enshrine a Buddha image. Upstairs is an open hall. For storing various items
Decoration The roof is of a hipped shape, double stacked, with a lower cantilever roof and a sloping roof from the upper house down another layer. front chamber Make a porch for the main entrance decorated with stenciled wood pattern. The gable has a painting depicting Garuda, a Naga decorated with thousands of flora and fauna. The frame on the side of the door is decorated with a flower vase pattern. The air vent is a perforated wood in the shape of Thep Phanom. sat on a lotus flower The ceiling is divided into 3 spaces with pictures of the sun. moon and stars The background features images of birds, swans, tigers and fallen flowers. Every pillar porch is decorated with openwork carvings such as monkeys, flowers, birds, and giants surrounded by Thai patterns. As for the secondary entrance, an arch is made above the three-tiered stacked door in the form of a crown-top arch. The cubicle wall is made of wooden planks decorated with perforated wood as air vents. above the window with a three-tiered arch similar to the secondary entrance arch. Long narrow window openings inside the housing The room enshrined the Buddha image is decorated with paintings on the two necks depicting the history of the Buddha and the ceiling decorated with star motifs. Insert a picture of a butterfly bird and corner pattern As for the base, the system uses the system to place the body beam on a high-cast cement column by making the base of the pillar's foot in a lowered form (Jomkwan Suwannarat 2004 :41).
5.2 Phra Kharsitthisarawiharnwat Temple It was built in 1955 by Phrakhru Sittisarawihanwat. The history of Wat Chonlatarn said that it was originally a wooden building. Later the cubicle collapsed. The temple was thus rebuilt, but the style was quite different from the original. Currently, it has been registered by the Fine Arts Department as a museum of Wat Chon Thara Singhe to collect important antiques of the temple. from old photos It was found that the Kutisitsan Pradit was a single-storey wooden building with a raised platform, 19.35 meters wide, 22.60 meters long, with a multi-storey hipped roof. clay tile The front stairway is a brick stairway. There is a backrest in the shape of a Naga The tip of the tail is curved to meet the roof porch. The top of the roof is decorated with stucco with moldings. The corner of the roof resembles a swan's tail or Naga's head (Wannipha Na Songkhla 1992 :21)
5.3 Phra Kru Wimonthapanakij It is a raised wooden cubicle, 11 meters wide, 19.10 meters long, located in the east of the Sitthisan Pradit cubicle. hipped roof clay tile There is a stencil to decorate the roof. front part is a joke Porch roof decorated with bouquets and swan tails The gable of the porch is a stucco statue of a Buddha image in meditation posture, with two sides of the apostle sitting supporting Anchalee, with the inscription “Made in B.E. 2439”
painting on the porch ceiling divided into four parts In the center there is a cross-framed beam, a lotus hanging down, at the end there is a pulley, and on the ceiling are paintings. The moon on a horse-drawn carriage, the sun-worn chariot with a lion, the sun on a horse-drawn chariot and the moon on a horse-drawn chariot The background image is a pattern of falling flowers. bat pattern corner Between the bats is a butterfly pattern. The beams have regular stripes to guard the cone at the foot of the neck on both 4 sides. Under the two necks are decorated with gingerbread stencils. The booth of the cubicle has 3 compartments with carved wood patterned with Puttan flower vines. Decorated in the frame of the arch, and in the middle of the booth pattern is a picture of a giant gecko and a monkey. The elephant's ears are perforated wood with a flora pattern.
5.4 Thai style cloister Thai style wooden entrance door There is an additional terrace to make a square plan, 5.30 meters wide, with clay tiled roof. The door is on the corner of the drum cover. There are terraces and stairs
6. Monument to Phrakhru Opasputtakhun It's a real metal casting. At the base there is an inscription of your history.
7.The Bell Tower There are 2 houses:
7.1 Bell Tower 2 floors, mondop roof Size 8 meters wide on each side. The top wall of the bell tower is made of wood. There is a small window. There is a decorative pattern similar to the abbot's cubicle. Inside the bell tower, there are 2 bells with inscriptions indicating the year built, one built in 1917, the other built in 1990. Inside the ground floor hall hang temple banners and temple name tags. Rule of the Tak Bai Sub-District Priest
7.2 The Bell Tower It is a 2-storey wooden building with a width of 4.50 meters on each side. The top of the Mondop decorated with Cho Fa, Hang Hong, thatched clay tiles. The gable has a wooden painting. Originally, it was a wooden tower in a pond. which when the water tower collapsed Therefore, the temple has gathered wood and converted it to build this dormitory.
8.Phra Pariyattham School Built during the reign of Phra Kru Chan as the abbot (occupying the temple around 1913–1919) is a building made of Takhian wood. It has a pattern similar to the abbot's cubicle and has a decorative pattern. (Currently damaged)
9.Sala There are 15 pavilion halls in Wat Chonlathara Singhe and 5 water pavilions. It is often used as a place for people to rest. Near the pavilion, there is often a pond nearby. So the villagers call it "Lar Bo", some of them are made into a muk. The gable is decorated with patterns. The roof is decorated with pretty ornaments, with blue bouquet, rooster leaves, swan tails, hip ridges decorated with rooster leaves and swan's tails. clay tiled roof The floor of the hall pavilion may have 2 levels, the interior floor is higher than the balcony floor because in the past, this pavilion was used as a dharma show. At the ceiling wood there are decorative paintings.Song Metha Khao Noona,